Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.


Advanced SearchOpens new dialog
Search Tips
Screen Reader users press enter to select a Filter by product.  Filter by product
Search filters applied

What are the requirements for getting a Premium eBenefits account?

Published 12/07/2010 09:53 AM   |    Updated 05/18/2017 12:12 PM
What are the requirements for getting a Premium eBenefits account?

To get a Premium account, you must meet the following requirements:·

  • You must be registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
  • Enrollment in DEERS is automatic for all service members and veterans who have served since 1982. Those who served prior to 1982 are being added from VA/DoD records.·
  • Veterans and Service members can obtain a premium account online by visiting the eBenefits website and using the DS Logon Registration Wizard's online identity authentication tool.·
  • Veterans and Service members holding DoD Common Access Cards (CAC) may use these cards to obtain a DS Logon premium account online.·
  • Military retirees can use their DFAS MyPay logon and password to self-authenticate and obtain their DS Logon premium account online.·
  • Upgraded MyHealtheVet users with a DS Logon now have instant access to eBenefits (via single sign on).·
  • Veterans in receipt of monetary benefits from VA via direct deposit can obtain a DS Logon account by calling 1-800-827-1000.·
  • You can visit a VA Regional Office to verify your identity in person. Bring the following with you:- A government-issued photo ID such as a driver's license, identification card, or U.S. passport (expired or unexpired)- A secondary form of identification such as a birth certificate, social security card, or picture ID- An original or certified copy of your DD-214