Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS)
Search filters applied
What are the requirements for getting a Premium eBenefits account?
Published 12/07/2010 09:53 AM | Updated 05/18/2017 12:12 PMWhat are the requirements for getting a Premium eBenefits account?
To get a Premium account, you must meet the following requirements:·
- You must be registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
- Enrollment in DEERS is automatic for all service members and veterans who have served since 1982. Those who served prior to 1982 are being added from VA/DoD records.·
- Veterans and Service members can obtain a premium account online by visiting the eBenefits website and using the DS Logon Registration Wizard's online identity authentication tool.·
- Veterans and Service members holding DoD Common Access Cards (CAC) may use these cards to obtain a DS Logon premium account online.·
- Military retirees can use their DFAS MyPay logon and password to self-authenticate and obtain their DS Logon premium account online.·
- Upgraded MyHealtheVet users with a DS Logon now have instant access to eBenefits (via single sign on).·
- Veterans in receipt of monetary benefits from VA via direct deposit can obtain a DS Logon account by calling 1-800-827-1000.·
- You can visit a VA Regional Office to verify your identity in person. Bring the following with you:- A government-issued photo ID such as a driver's license, identification card, or U.S. passport (expired or unexpired)- A secondary form of identification such as a birth certificate, social security card, or picture ID- An original or certified copy of your DD-214