Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.


Advanced SearchOpens new dialog
Search Tips
Screen Reader users press enter to select a Filter by product.  Filter by product
Search filters applied

Obtain Medical Treatment Records of Dependents, Military Retirees, and Others(created at military medical facilities)

Published 03/30/2011 04:45 PM   |    Updated 02/05/2013 02:43 PM

How do I obtain medical records that were created at a military medical facility?

Medical treatment records for dependents, military retirees, and others that were created at military medical facilities fall under the jurisdication of The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).  

To obtain general information about medical records from military medical facilities, please go to:

For specific instructions, please go to NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) web page at: