Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.


Advanced SearchOpens new dialog
Search Tips
Screen Reader users press enter to select a Filter by product.  Filter by product
Search filters applied

Wells/Water Systems - Is there a VA Well Certification form? The local authority does not monitor wells.

Published 08/09/2012 12:02 PM   |    Updated 06/27/2017 08:08 AM
Is there a VA Well Certification form?  The local authority does not monitor wells.
VA has no water or well certification forms.  The VA requirement for individual water supplies is for local health department approval of the system.  If the local health department does not monitor wells, as in your case, only a water quality test is required.  A commercial testing laboratory or a licensed sanitary engineer acceptable to the health authority may take and test the water.