Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS)
Search filters applied
TSGLI What Are The Eligibility Requirements For Payment Under TSGLI?
Published 08/10/2012 03:34 PM | Updated 12/19/2012 03:14 PMWhat Are The Eligibility Requirements For Payment Under TSGLI?
To be eligible for payment of TSGLI, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- If injured on or after December 1, 2005, you must be insured by SGLI when you experience a traumatic injury. For those injured between October 7, 2001 and November 30, 2005, SGLI coverage is not required to be eligible for TSGLI.
- You must incur one of the TSGLI losses described in VA Regulations and that loss must be a direct result of a traumatic injury.
- You must have suffered the traumatic injury prior to midnight of the day that you separate from the uniformed services.
- You must suffered the scheduled loss within 2 years (730 days) of the traumatic injury.
- You must survive for a period of not less than seven full days from the date of the traumatic injury. (The 7-day period begins on the date and time of the traumatic injury, as measured by Zulu [Greenwich Meridian] time and ends 168 full hours later).