Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.


Advanced SearchOpens new dialog
Search Tips
Screen Reader users press enter to select a Filter by product.  Filter by product
Search filters applied

TSGLI Do I still forfeit my Combat Injury Pay if I file a TSGLI claim

Published 08/10/2012 03:45 PM   |    Updated 12/19/2012 03:14 PM
Do I still forfeit my Combat Injury Pay if I file a TSGLI claim
No, the Combat-related Injury Rehabilitation Pay Program (CIP) was terminated on May 15, 2008 and has been replaced by the Pay and Allowances Continuation Program (PAC). Unlike CIP, the PAC program is not linked in any way to the TSGLI Program. The CIP Program payments of $430 per month ended when a Servicemember received a TSGLI payment. The new PAC Program has no such limitation. All of a Servicemember's incentive pays, bonuses, or similar benefits, and the incidental and expense portion of the temporary duty allowance for members deployed in a combat operation or combat zone may continue or resume for up to one year following initial hospitalization for treatment of a wound, injury, or illness incurred in the line of duty while serving in a combat operation or combat zone, while serving in a hostile fire area, or while exposed to a hostile fire event.