Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.


Advanced SearchOpens new dialog
Search Tips
Screen Reader users press enter to select a Filter by product.  Filter by product
Search filters applied

Change of Address

Published 07/07/2014 11:07 AM   |    Updated 01/26/2021 02:01 PM

How do I change my address?

If you have moved, please initiate steps to update your address with VA. Due to security concerns, we are not able to update an address via this inquiry system, as we have no way to verify the identity of the sender. In most cases, we need to talk with you on the telephone or have a written request with your signature.

For Benefits: Please contact us via telephone at (800) 827-1000, and we will be happy to assist you. Please be prepared with your claim number or Social Security number, your previous address, date of birth, and the exact amount of your monthly VA benefit.

If you are unable to contact us by telephone, you can update your address by completing VA Form 20-572, Request for Change of Address/Cancellation of Direct Deposit which can be downloaded from (Other forms may be found at:, and returning it to the Evidence Intake Center shown below:

When submitting claims:
Department of Veterans Affairs
Evidence Intake Center
PO Box 4444
Janesville, WI 53547-4444

When submitting evidence or anything other than a claim, including change of address:
Department of Veterans Affairs
Evidence Intake Center
PO Box 4444
Janesville, WI 53547-4444

You can also update your address via the eBenefits website. For more information about eBenefits, please visit the following web link:
It is important to note, different departments within the VA do not use the same computer system. Therefore, if you have health benefits, education benefits, etc., each individual department will need to be contacted to correct your address.

The form for Veterans Mortgage Life Insurance Change of Address can be found at

For Health Care: Fill out the 1010EZ to update your information:, contact your Enrollment Coordinator at your nearest VA medical facility, and/or call 1-877-222-VETS (8387).

For GI Bill:
To update your Direct Deposit or address online:
1.Click here to access the WAVE web site: Click the tab that says "log in instructions" at the top of the page, and follow the instructions to log on to WAVE.
2.On the main menu page once you have logged in, click the link to the left that says "Direct Deposit Enrollment Form" or "Change of Address" depending on what you need to do. Both procedures can be completed online.
3.If you don't have access to WAVE, these requests must be submitted via telephone.
To update your Direct Deposit or Address by phone:
You can contact us by calling 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551).

If you change your address, it is vital that you update your address with CHAMPVA

You can mail a signed address change request to:
POB 469063
Denver CO 80246-9063

You can contact us to update your information via the Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS). IRIS is a tool that allows us to communicate in a secure format and will be used instead of our traditional email links. You can also update your address information with one of our customer service representatives by calling 800-733-8387. When calling, please have your old address information available, as our customer service representatives must verify this information before updating your file.

For Foreign Medical Program: You can mail the information to PO BOX 469061, Denver, CO, 80246-9061 or call 303-331-7590.