Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.


Advanced SearchOpens new dialog
Search Tips
Screen Reader users press enter to select a Filter by product.  Filter by product
Search filters applied

New Veterans Identification Card (VIC) Availability

Published 10/23/2017 11:30 AM   |    Updated 02/05/2021 02:32 PM

When will the new Veterans Identification Cards be available?

The Veterans Identification Card is available now.

You can use your printed Veteran ID Card (VIC) instead of your DD214 to get discounts on goods and services offered to Veterans. You can also use other identification cards for this purpose. Find out if you need a VIC or if you already have what you need.

You do not need to request this card if you have one of these:

  • Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC), or
  • Department of Defense (DoD) Identification Card (Common Access Card (CAC) or Uniformed Services ID Card, or
  • State-issued ID (Driver’s license) with a Veteran designation or a state-issued Veteran ID Card. Check with your state to see if they issue a Veteran ID Card.

You can use any of these cards to get the same discounts. If you already have one of them, you don’t need a VIC, but you can still apply for it if you’d like.

If you don’t have one of these cards, you should request a Veteran ID Card.

Veterans can go to either and click the Veterans ID Card link, or more directly, go to sign in or sign up for an identity proofed account and click the APPLY FOR VIC link under their account.