Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.


Advanced SearchOpens new dialog
Search Tips
Screen Reader users press enter to select a Filter by product.  Filter by product
Search filters applied

Process Foreign Medical Claim

Published 07/13/2004 08:14 AM   |    Updated 11/16/2018 08:47 AM

How do I get a Foreign Medical Claim processed?

Please contact the nearest US Embassy and ask them for a list of Doctors who are available to conduct physical examinations needed by VA.

  • If the examination is in a foreign language, VA will get it translated when it is received.

Once you are found to have a service-connected disability, there is a program called Foreign Medical Program (FMP) designed for US Veterans residing outside the US. Under FMP, VA assumes payment responsibility for certain services that are associated with service-connected conditions.

For more information (including contact information) about the Foreign Medical Program, please visit our Foreign Medical Program (FMP) website.