Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.


Advanced SearchOpens new dialog
Search Tips
Screen Reader users press enter to select a Filter by product.  Filter by product
Search filters applied

How do I resume receiving medical care after a long break in treatment?

Published 08/11/2004 03:41 PM   |    Updated 10/16/2012 12:49 PM
I received medical treatment from VA many years ago when I got out of the service. I would like to receive medical care again. How do I start getting medical care again?
To resume medical treatment after a long break in receiving care, call or go to the Business Office of the nearest VA medical facility. They will determine if you are eligible to receive medical care, and if you are eligible, they will help you to re-enroll and set you up with a primary care provider. To find your nearest VA medical facility, go to for a complete listing of VA facilities.