Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.


Advanced SearchOpens new dialog
Search Tips
Screen Reader users press enter to select a Filter by product.  Filter by product
Search filters applied

How can I get gender-specific services for medical and child-related issues?

Published 08/13/2004 04:43 PM   |    Updated 02/28/2011 03:53 PM
Are women veterans eligible for unique benefits?; can women veterans receive gender-specific services, including pap smears,
mammography, pre-natal and childcare?
Women veterans are eligible for the same Medical Benefit Package as all veterans as well as gender-specific care. Any inpatient care or treatment required which is not available at the preferred treatment facility will be obtained through other facilities or through community health care facilities. Apply for VA health care enrollment by completing VA Form 10-10EZ. The 10-10EZ may be obtained by visiting, calling or writing any VA health care facility or veterans' benefits office. You can also call toll-free 877-222 VETS (877-222-8387) or access the form on the Internet at The provision of health care to non-veteran children is limited to those instances where specific authority is given to VA by law. Contact your local VA health care facility and ask to speak with the Women Veterans Program Manager (white pages under U.S. Government, Department of
Veterans Affairs).