Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.


Advanced SearchOpens new dialog
Search Tips
Screen Reader users press enter to select a Filter by product.  Filter by product
Search filters applied

How do I find out if I am eligible for any medical care or drug benefits?

Published 11/10/2004 01:24 PM   |    Updated 02/28/2011 06:08 PM
How do I find out if I am eligible for any medical or drug benefits?
You are eligible to apply for VA health care if you are a veteran of active military service and were discharged or released from service under honorable conditions, provided that you meet minimum duty requirements.

To apply for health care benefits, you will need a copy of your discharge papers and will need to fill out a form called 1010EZ. The form can be downloaded from or you can call 1-877-222-VETS and ask to have one mailed to you.