Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.


Advanced SearchOpens new dialog
Search Tips
Screen Reader users press enter to select a Filter by product.  Filter by product
Search filters applied

Does VA cover Nursing Home care?

Published 01/12/2005 03:13 PM   |    Updated 03/01/2011 04:38 PM
Am I covered by the VA if nursing home care is needed? 
To be eligible for nursing home care, you would first need to be enrolled in the VA Healthcare System. You can apply for VA health care enrollment by completing VA Form 10-10EZ. The 10-10EZ may be obtained by visiting, calling, or writing any VA health care facilty or veterans' benefits office. You can also download a copy at    You can also call toll-free 1-877-222-VETS (1-877-222-8387) or access the form on the Internet at

You can submit a completed form in person or by mail to the enrollment coordinator at any VA Medical Center. Please be sure to sign your application form, otherwise it cannot be processed for enrollment. VA Form 10-10EZ is a four-page application form, front and back.

Once a determination of your eligibility has been made, you will receive written notification. This process can take between 30-60 days.