Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.


Advanced SearchOpens new dialog
Search Tips
Screen Reader users press enter to select a Filter by product.  Filter by product
Search filters applied

Never applied for compensation. Will VA Help me in obtaining required information?

Published 05/08/2006 11:59 AM   |    Updated 11/05/2012 04:54 PM
I never applied for compensation. Will VA Help me in Obtaining Required Information?
Yes, if you know of records that will support your claim, VA will help you by requesting them from the person, medical facility, company, or agency that has them.

On Part B of VA Form 21-526, Veterans Application for Compensation and Pension, tell us the name and address of the person, medical facility, company or agency that has these records, the approximate time frame covered by these records, and the condition for which you were treated in the case of medical records.

If you received treatment from a military health care facility after your discharge from service, just tell us the name of the facility. If your treatment was by a private physician, or any other health care provider, complete VA Form 21-4142, Authorization and Consent to Release Information to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). We will use this form to request these records. You can find the form at: .